The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a ECQ Engineer in Princeton, NJ.
The Equipment Engineer, Equipment Commissioning & Qualification Operations supports the successful operation of laboratory, clinical and commercial manufacturing operations at their home site through interaction with internal team members and internal customers as well as external service providers. With minimum supervision and given general instructions, this individual carries out routine tasks and functions, and uses basic analytical skills to recognize and solve common problems of limited scope. As a developing team player, the incumbent interacts with their immediate supervisor and personnel within their own work group to achieve team goals while building trust and collaborative relationships outside the immediate organization. The incumbent may be asked to lead small to medium sized projects in their area of responsibility and will be called upon to create and revise work processes or procedures that impact their immediate function or organizational unit. The incumbent will be involved with writing deviations, investigations and supporting the implementation of change controls.
• Executes equipment calibration, preventative maintenance, performance verification and repair activities in both laboratory and manufacturing areas.
• Supervises vendors for calibration, preventative maintenance, performance verification and repair functions.
• Reviews and approves vendor executed calibration, maintenance, repair, and performance verification records for accuracy, completeness and compliance with our standards.
• Works closely with and enters data into the site CMMS system.
• Ensures all calibration, PM, and performance verification records are filed appropriately after approval.
• Writes and supports deviations and investigations that result from calibration or performance verification failures along with developing and supporting the implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
• Support the development, revision and review of written procedures for calibration, preventive maintenance and performance verification of equipment.
h. Support the development, review and approval of calibration and maintenance plans in site CMMS system.
• Supports the execution of equipment performance verification and process improvement studies.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures which govern the ECQ team and the equipment they
manage in order to ensure compliance is held to the highest standard.
• Promotes and provides excellent customer service and support
• Regularly reviews, prioritizes and promptly responds to customer equipment performance verification and support requests.
• Provides technical support and guidance on calibration, equipment performance verification and validations issues. Interfaces with customers to ensure all expectations are being met.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all the members of the Equipment Commissioning &
Qualification department and site customers while promoting a positive team environment.
• Work with planning group to ensure system is updated as calibration, maintenance and performance verification activities are performed.
• Maintains all required Corporate, Facilities and EHS training as required.
• Adheres to all safety procedures and hazard communication.
• May be called upon to act as SME in both internal and regulatory audits.
Skills & Requirements
• Knowledge of cGMP, GXP, GAMP, SDLC regulations, including 21CFR part 11, computer systems validation requirements and good documentation practices.
• Advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical, manufacturing and laboratory systems and equipment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with a diverse workforce where individual initiative, accountability to the team, and professional maturity are required.
• Strong multi‐tasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills. Ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
• Highly proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with extensive background in database systems. Innate ability to learn new software, such as corporate intranet and enterprise business.
• Working knowledge of scheduling software and systems, and inventory management systems, mainly Blue Mountain RAM.
• Ability to interact effectively with laboratory, QA and Facilities groups.
• BS in Engineering or Science related discipline preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in FDA-regulated industry
• Experience working directly with bench top manufacturing and laboratory equipment (cell counters, liquid handlers, Flow Cytometry, etc.) preferred.
• Knowledge of cGMP in the pharmaceutical industry
• Excellent computer skills including knowledge of calibration management and environmental monitoring systems
• Strong problem-solving skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player and be willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, accountability to the team, and professional maturity are required
• 2 years of maintenance coordinating / planning experience, preferably in a laboratory environment.
• Experience working in a commercial environment preferred.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1139027