Remote Lead Erlang Engineer – Contract - $70.00-$85.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Remote Lead Erlang Engineer
The Lead Erlang Engineer will apply expert technical knowledge and engineering principles in the development of products and solutions. Provide guidance to other engineers for technical issues, design reviews, and complex problem resolution. All while contributing to the code base every day. We are looking for a Lead Erlang Engineer who has experience building horizontally scalable systems, with large user bases.
• Leads requirement analysis, detailed design, and verification activities for a product or solution.
• Makes difficult design trade-offs and decisions about features, schedule, quality and cost.
• Seeks the optimal technology solutions to problems from internal and external options and applies appropriate methodology to identify issues/concerns.
• Primary accountability for major element of a project, determines all tasks that are required, and is responsible for project outcome.
• Designs, develops and/or directs research and tests to validate effect and consequences of designs, process or product enhancements across projects and/or products.
• Proactively determines measures and standards of success
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or local equivalent of same.
• Generally, 8-11 years of relevant software engineering experience.
• Minimum 5 years of Erlang development experience.
• Experience building horizontally scalable systems, with large user bases. Must have built out scaled solutions.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced Scrum team environment.
• Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
• Excellent decision-making skills to analyze design trade-offs considering features, schedule, quality and cost.
• Ability to operate independently in a distributed team.
• Experience with GraphQL, WebSocket, and network programming is a plus.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142906