Your new company:
Inland Group (Inland Kenworth) is an industry leader in the heavy-duty truck & sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today. We offer competitive wages and generous compensation packages including medical and dental!
We are hiring a Service Advisor at our Farmington dealership location.
Your new role:
The Service Advisor will be responsible for service check-ins, scheduling, estimating, selling, updating, and following up with customers during the entire service process. Further responsibilities include advising customers on proper vehicle care and reviewing final repairs performed. If you are a problem solver, a great multi-tasker with a strong attention to detail and enjoy working in fast-paced environments, we want to hear from you!
- Greets and welcomes customer at their unit in a timely manner while maintaining high customer satisfaction standards
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process
- Listens intently and thoroughly documenting customer complaint(s)
- Completes walk-around inspection including vehicle/equipment, and recommends additional needed service including checking for any outstanding recall notices
- Arranging for the Lead Hand to test drive the vehicle with the customer to confirm the problem, or refers to the test technician
- Determine and follow OEM warranty procedures
- Writes up customer's vehicle/equipment problems accurately and clearly on repair orders
- Sets expectation with the customer and inputs information into Decisiv
- Determines path of repair while verifying accuracy of repairs and documents
- Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed
What you'll need to succeed:
- Advises customers on the care of their vehicles/equipment and the value of maintaining them in accordance with manufacturers' specification
What you'll get in return:
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, helpful and cheerful with sales personnel
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Good verbal and strong written communication skills
- 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Post-secondary diploma or trade certification
- Strong ability to listen to other’s presentations and be able to interpret issues and pass on to others
- Good mechanical aptitude and great organizational skills
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets and keyboarding
- Functions well with large volume and fast-paced work environment.
- Accountability and dependability with strong time management
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 kgs or 50 lbs on occasion.
- Must be able to walk around shop floor/parts department and sit/stand at service counter
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
What you need to do now:
- Prescription benefits
- 401k with employer matching program
- Flexible Savings Account
- Health Savings Account (available with some medical programs)
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- On-going training opportunities
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.