The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist in Princeton, NJ.
The Division of Drug Product Development, Materials Science & Engineering Group (MSE) is seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral candidate for enhancing internal understanding and capability of Crystal Structure Prediction of small, organic molecules. This role will oversee efforts in Crystal Structure Prediction for early development pharmaceutical candidates including working with external vendors, helping to broaden understanding and bridging CSP with Drug Product Development workflows as a key function within MSE.
• Coordinate CSP projects with external vendors:
• Plan scope of work for critical assets based on project needs and known solid state form space.
• Review project reports and present findings to appropriate teams
• Cross-functional collaboration to design of experiments to isolate forms posing potential risks
• Internalize CSP as a key function within MSE:
• Assess CSP software options and assist in setting up internal infrastructure for calculations
• Work with project team members to plan appropriate CSP calculations for select BMS assets
• Present results to project teams and assist in design of experiments to isolate predicted forms.
• Work to develop new approaches to CSP which best meet challenges posed by specific BMS compounds
Skills & Requirements
• Ph.D. with experience in Computational Chemistry/Materials Science with a focus on Crystal Structure Prediction or experience with computation of energy/free-energy differences or phase diagrams of polymorphs of organic compounds is desired.
• Experience with VdW-DFT, molecular modeling, and/or approaches to sample solid-state conformational space is a plus.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1133832