Your new company
We are looking for a Data Specialist in Operational Readiness based in Salt Lake City, UT. The role is responsible for executing assigned tasks in alignment with project phases and will ensure there are no gaps in the system tasks and/or plans that could become a project constraint. This role will report to the Manager – Project Mineral and is responsible for ensuring all assigned operational readiness tasks are completed when required and of a high standard in support of the safe execution, completion, and handover of the mechanical infrastructure to operations upon completion of the project
Your new role
Key Deliverables include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Ensure that maintenance tactics and procedures and standards are developed and implemented in the SAP system
- Ensure the safe and successful execution of individual assignments and operational readiness deliverables
- Support all identified operational readiness activities to ensure compliance with the master Operational Readiness Plan (ORP) and OR Task Manager while making decisions and adjustments as required
- Ensure operational readiness activities are aligned to the guidance set forth in the Rio Tinto Operational Engagement and Readiness manual
- Represent the respective functional departments to ensure decisions are in the best interest of their departments, including adherence to plant equipment standards and protocols
- Communicate the status of operational readiness assignments to stakeholders
- Ensure the seamless transfer of mechanical infrastructure assets, documentation, and knowledge to the operation upon project completion
- Liaise with project and functional departments to continuously improve communications and support a high-performance team culture while remaining cognizant of project constraints within the mechanical infrastructure
What you'll get in return
- An Engineering BS degree is desirable but not required in lieu of having significant experience in the mining industry with a broad and deep understanding of operational readiness
- 8+ years of related experience with a record of exemplary work in their field(s) of expertise as well as project management skills
- Excellent all-around communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a constantly changing environment
- Must be trustworthy with confidential information
- Must operate independently with minimal guidance and little or no supervision
- Intimate understanding and knowledge of the mining operations
- Must be able to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization
- Able to create SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures) and SWIs (Standard Work Instructions)
- Should possess experience in SAP and be able to create maintenance tactics
We are committed to providing our employees with a generous benefits package. Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking, your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress, we provide:
What you need to do now
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- Access to top-tier family-friendly health programs including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life insurance coverage, and various voluntary benefits.
- 401(k) matching program (company matched .50 per dollar up to 6% of your base pay)
- Comprehensive leave policies which cover all moments that matter in life: PTO (paid time off), paid holidays, and paid bereavement leave.
- A favorable child-caregiver leave program (Up to 100% salary top-up)
- Ongoing Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family; to help in addressing educational opportunities, addiction treatment, depression, stress, domestic issues, financial management, and legal concerns.
- Discount programs for leisure purposes and access to Virgin Pulse with incentives supporting your wellbeing.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1139215