Research Associate – Contract – San Diego, CA - $23.00-$33.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Research Associate in San Diego, CA.
The Lead Discovery and Optimization Group within Small Molecule Drug Discovery in San Diego focuses on delivering novel therapeutics for disease intervention by engaging E3 ubiquitin ligases for targeted protein degradation. We are seeking a highly driven Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to assist in the identification and characterization of drug candidates for the treatment of human diseases. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to carry out cell-based assays in support of small molecule discovery for pre-clinical development.
• Conduct routine medium and high-throughput biochemical and cellular assays to characterize compounds
• Establish stable cell lines via lentiviral transduction and maintain mammalian cell lines
• Conduct routine molecular and cellular experiments including DNA/RNA/protein extraction, qPCR, ELISA, Western blot, and immunoprecipitation
• Assist senior researchers in executing, conducting analyses, and reporting results of experiments
• Familiarity with literature and internal best practices to identify opportunities to improve productivity and quality of work
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and recommend corrective actions for routine problems
• Maintain an accurate, comprehensive, and current laboratory notebook
• Write protocols, procedures and technical reports
• Communicate results via written reports and oral presentations
Skills & Requirements
• BS with 2+ years or MS in cell biology or related scientific discipline
• Expertise in mammalian cell culture, plate-based cellular assays, immunoblotting, lentiviral infection, cellular transfection, and basic molecular biology techniques
• Experience with medium and high throughput screening is highly preferred
• Experience with targeted protein degradation assay is a plus
• Familiarity with automation instruments and multi-mode plate readers
• Outstanding problem-solving and organization skills.
• Effective team player and strong individual contributor
• Self-driven, flexible, pragmatic and able to handle multiple tasks while delivering high quality data
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1139532