Research Associate – Bio – Contract or CTP – Foster City, CA - $25.00-$33.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Biotechnology Company is seeking a Research Associate – Bio in Foster City, CA.
• Design and execute laboratory studies that support the evaluation, development and implementation of new technologies and materials.
• Perform hands-on lab-based activities in a cell culture lab, including conception of study designs, analysis of data and communication of results to cross-functional project teams.
• Perform process or equipment analysis and trend process or equipment performance.
• Develop manufacturing equipment for cell therapy products including hardware, software, and single-use disposable design elements and user-requirements.
• Participate in the evaluation of new technologies and materials for introduction into GMP manufacturing
• Provide process training to GMP manufacturing personnel.
• Support technology transfer and GMP manufacturing operations as needed.
• Perform statistical analysis including design of experiments (DOEs) as appropriate.
• Write and review technical documentation, technical SOPs, draft manufacturing batch records, technical reports and summary reports.
• Support qualification, risk assessment, and validation activities as technologies advance closer to deployment at GMP clinical and/or commercial manufacturing.
• Create and present slides with supporting data to communicate results to senior leadership or external collaborators.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
• Degree in Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology or related discipline with pharmaceutical / biotechnology manufacturing & process development experience required.
• Established cell culture lab techniques and aseptic processing in an ISO 5 environment such as cell passaging, sampling, fluid handling, media formulation, managing reagents, and cryopreservation.
• Practical knowledge of cGMP manufacturing and regulatory regulations and requirements for pharmaceuticals and devices.
• Practical demonstration of hands-on process development including use of bioreactors and use of statistical design of experiments is required.
• Mastery of scientific and engineering principles related to bioprocessing including scale-up / scale-out approaches, hydrodynamics, mass transfer, and bioreactor design and monitoring fundamentals.
• Fundamental understanding of cell biology principles, sub-population types, differentiation, phenotype markers and metabolic pathways.
• Knowledge of material science and material compatibility for cell culture applications
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1139537