Medical Writing Manager – Perm – Cambridge, MA - $115,000-$125,000
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is seeking a Medical Writing Manager in Cambridge, MA.
The Senior Manager, Medical Writing will collaborate with project teams on the development of clinical pharmacology (main area of focus) and other clinical regulatory documents in accordance with all applicable regulations, Good Clinical Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and will oversee the work of contract writers on the clinical program.
• Independently plan, write, edit, and format key documents, including clinical protocols, investigator brochures, clinical study reports, clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics reports, integrated safety and efficacy summaries and related documents.
• Facilitate/manage efficient review and finalization process for documents produced internally and/or externally by consultants, contractors and vendors.
• Represent Medical Writing on multiple early phase project teams or on specific late phase project teams and collaborate with the program Medical Writing Lead to ensure proper planning and resourcing for upcoming project writing deliverables.
• Collaborate effectively with Clinical Pharmacology, Biometrics, Clinical Operations, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Pre-Clinical Development, Program Management, Research, Quality, and Corporate Communications, as well as with external stakeholders.
• Serve as medical writing expert for clinical pharmacology documents and their production.
• Support the preparation of clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics abstracts and manuscripts
• Contribute to SOP and template development and maintenance
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Life Science with relevant writing expertise or in English/Communications with relevant science expertise. Advanced degree and/or professional certification/credentials preferred.
• 5+ years of experience as a medical writer, nonclinical writer, or clinical pharmacology writer in the sponsor and/or CRO setting. Experience with regulatory submissions (CTA/IND/NDA/BLA), pharmacology documents (eg, clinical pharmacology sections of regulatory documents, Summary of Clinical Pharmacology, modeling reports), and knowledge of eCTD formatting is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, FDA regulations, ICH guidelines, and the drug development process.
• Successful track record of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Impeccable attention to detail and ability to complete writing assignments in a timely manner.
• Experience overseeing the work of contract writers is a plus.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to travel approximately 10% is required.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141057