Your new company
- Global company with a world-class reputation for safety and performance
- Collaborative work environment
- Role-based in Salt Lake City, UT
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant – Shutdown based in Salt Lake City, UT. This role is a great opportunity to support the Engineering & Projects Team at Kennecott Utah Copper reporting to the General Manager – Engineering & Projects. This role supports the engineering & projects team through administrative support activities by following discipline-focused policies and procedures which allow the business to maximize efficiency.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Be responsible for the provision of administrative and secretarial services to the General Manager – Engineering & Projects and the broader Engineering & Projects team of professionals.
- Manage the daily calendar for the General Manager – Engineering & Projects.
- Receive, screen, and direct incoming calls, visitors, mail, and e-mail.
- Be the first point of contact for contractors, vendors, and visitors when they arrive on site.
- Maintain files, records, calendars, and diaries.
- Update visual information centerboards.
- May arrange business travel
- Coordinate meeting arrangements for both on & offsite meetings and team events.
- Manage end-to-end service requests for the team.
- Order, receive, and complete expense reports for general office supplies.
- Engage in other ad hoc activities/projects to support the Rio Tinto Kennecott Engineering & Projects Team.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to engage effectively (written and verbal) with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to effectively manage your time across the operation with minimal direction
- Strong MS Office Skillset (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
It will also be beneficial if you have:
What you'll get in return
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working in a mining, industrial or construction environment
- Experience working in SAP or other ERP system
What you need to do now
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- Career development to further your ambitions
- Competitive salary package
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support
- Exciting multicultural working environment
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1143058