Analytical Chemist: Raw Materials Specialist– Perm – East Miami, FL. - $90,000 - $120,000
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking an Analytical Chemist: Raw Materials Specialist in East Miami, FL.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of supporting documentation and testing of raw materials and packaging components to support new product approvals and launch.
• Coordinates with Formulations, Procurement, Quality, and the CMC teams to deliver a comprehensive material development and qualification package.
• Responsible for development and validation of analytical methods for raw materials.
• Designs, writes, and executes method validation protocols and reports in accordance with current industry standards as well as regulatory requirements, i.e. FDA, USP, EP.
• Coordinates analytical method transfer and training of raw material testing with the Quality Control Laboratory and serves as a technical resource for investigations.
• Responsible for developing new raw material specification documents and reviewing changes to existing raw materials to maintain established quality standards.
• Maintain raw material testing in accordance with cGMP, FDA, compendia standards.
• Must be able to analyze and review complex raw data and interpret results.
• All other duties as may be assigned.
Skills & Requirements
• Must be willing to relocate to Pensacola Florida
• BS, MS or PhD in Chemistry or related field
• 3-5 years of experience specifically in n pharmaceutical raw material testing and development
• Must have a pharmaceutical, cGMP, background with an FDA regulated laboratory.
• Proficiency in analytical instrumentation and techniques such as HPLC, GC, UV-Vis, FTIR, KF, AA, Particle size.
• Education: BS, MS, or PhD in Chemistry or a related field from an accredited university.
• Experience: 3+ years required with advanced degree, prefer 5+ with BS degree experience in pharmaceutical raw material testing and development, qualifications, and analytical method validations. Proficiency in analytical instrumentation and techniques such as HPLC, GC, UV-Vis, FTIR, KF, AA, Particle size, etc. Proficiency in raw material compendia wet chemistry techniques.
• Specialized knowledge or training: Must have a pharmaceutical, cGMP, background with an FDA regulated laboratory. Familiar with USP, EP, ICH, and VICH guidelines.
• Other Skills: Strong technical writing and documentation skills (cGMP, protocols, reports, OOS investigations, lab notebooks.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140583