Assistant Vice President– Perm – New York, NY. - $250,000 - $500,000
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking an Assistant Vice President in New York, NY.
• Analysis and research of public market securities and investment opportunities outside of the
• Monitoring markets, preparing research reports, and generating investment ideas
• Contributing to the evaluation and screening of investment opportunities, including assessment
of industry, geography, business models, financial statements, valuations, and other
fundamental and technical data
• Contributing to development and analysis of financial models
• Working as part of a team and overseeing more junior members to support the above workstreams
• Quarterly travel to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or Business from top tier university;
Master’s degree and CFA a plus
• 3-10 years of relevant work experience - investment research, hedge fund, longonly investing,
investment banking or similar at top firm
• Professional experience in New York, London, or other developed markets
• Exposure to range of public market asset classes (public equity, fixed income, currencies,
• Previous experience with the assessment and management of overall portfolio exposures
• Advanced analytical capabilities including creating, calculating and interpreting complex
financial models - DCF, NPV, IRR etc
• Good team player with a high level of initiative, resourcefulness, and high work standards
• Self-starter with ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressured and dynamic environment
• Experience in leading and managing teams
• Good report writing, presentation and communication skills
• Team Management
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and others
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Must be motivated, self-directed and proactive
• Must work well under pressure
• Strong sense of professionalism and work ethic
• Ability to be discreet and handle confidential, sensitive information
• College degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present
proof of vaccination by start date.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141693
250,000 - 500,000
Similar jobs to Assistant Vice President
NOW HIRING A NYC-BASED SVP OF DEVELOPMENT TO SUPPORT A NATIONAL AFFORDABLE HOUSING PORTFOLIO!