Associate Director, Leadership Communications – Contract – Hybrid / Foster City, CA.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Associate Director, Leadership Communications in Hybrid / Foster City, CA.
This individual will provide communications support company’s G&A functions, including Human Resources, Legal & Compliance, IT, Corporate Operations, Finance and Corporate Affairs. In close partnership with the Leadership Communications team and other partners in Public Affairs, this person will support ongoing functional communications and work collaboratively as part of the broader team. This person will also serve as an active member of the company Editorial Team and contribute interesting and relevant content to demonstrate the company’s commitment to improving human health. This role reports to the Senior Director, Leadership Communications.
• Provide leadership and functional communications support for company’s G&A organization, including content for town halls, all-employee meetings, emails, conference calls, etc.
• Develop a deep understanding of company’s business—as well as the functional areas that this role supports—to provide the best possible strategic counsel to leaders and their teams, and to anticipate their communications needs
• As a member of the Editorial Team, surface interesting stories that support our company narrative and build engagement and passion for company in our employees
• Together with the Corporate Communications team, constantly push for new ideas, new platforms, new ways of connecting with employees; understand trends in corporate communications and know what’s coming next, bringing these ideas to company and interpreting them in a way that works for our audiences
• Together with the Sr. Director, Leadership Communications, support senior leaders with internal and external speaking opportunities, including content creation, prep, and providing upward feedback
• Work closely with employee engagement team to help leaders build morale and stay connected with their teams
Skills & Requirements
• Expert written communications skills, passion for telling stories well
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills
• Demonstrated executive presence, ability and comfort in working with senior leaders
• Strong track record in employee communications and engagement; knowledge of healthcare and industry media
• A knack for navigating ambiguity and making decisions with incomplete information
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and agencies
• Ability to manage multiple, urgent projects simultaneously; flexibility is essential
• Strong project management capabilities
• Understanding of regulations and principles specific to communications for a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140772