The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Associate Scientist in Princeton, NJ.
The Assistant Scientist / Contractor will be responsible for global network support of the cryogenics and cold chain process for the development and commercial biologics drug substance. This position will report to the Cryogenics & Cold Chain Sciences team within the Manufacturing Sciences & Technologies (MS&T) - Global Capabilities & Technical Strategy (GC&TS) department. The position will work closely with the cryogenics, analytical, operations, and manufacturing teams to conduct lab studies that will support cryogenics & cold chain process, such as process characterization and improvement, bulk product shipping qualification, cryovial shipping qualification, freeze-thaw unit operations, etc.
• Conduct laboratory experiments to provide commercial support related to cold chain biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes, such as bulk fill, handling, freezing, storage, and cold chain shipping operations for biologics drug substance.
• Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment, lab supply management, preparation of buffers and reagents, execution of development studies.
• Perform data analysis and interpretation, documentation of experimental data and results in laboratory notebook, data verification and preparation of final reports to summarize the findings. Appropriate GLP/GMP procedures must be followed, when applicable.
• Work effectively across multiple cross-functional areas and work independently to accomplish project goals.
Skills & Requirements
• B.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biological or Chemical Sciences/Engineering, or related disciplines.
• ≥ 6 months of experience in a professional industry setting or multiple years of experience in an academic laboratory setting.
• Prior experience must include the following responsibilities: preparation and handling of test solutions, generation of experimental designs/test scripts or protocols, execution of experiments, operation of analytical instrumentation, data compilation and analysis, and report authoring.
• Knowledge of common protein analytical tools (pH, UV-vis spectrophotometry, HPLC) and demonstrated experimental skills for lab work are required.
• Should possess good verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Possesses good organizational skills and strong attention to detail, excellent experimental/troubleshooting aptitude, and be self-motivated.
• Knowledge of protein freezing/thawing, formulation, and stability is desired.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141802