Remote Backup Systems Administrator – CTP - $43.00-$50.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Remote Backup Systems Administrator
Responsible for providing technical support within the team of Systems Administrators. Areas of support includes but are not limited to; TSM administration, Veeam administration, Data Domain administration. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of backup systems within established standards and guidelines. Expected to work independently within management and company guidelines. The Backup System Administrator will have mentoring responsibility for other System Administrators, desktop and helpdesk support personnel. The Backup System Administrator will work with management in establishing processes, controls, security, and strategy around backups and system support initiatives. The candidate will be responsible to manage and maintain all backup solutions, related systems and hardware. This includes TSM (AIX), Veeam (VMware), Data Domain appliance, IBM tape changer and other resources as needed.
• Installs and maintains backup solutions on a wide variety of enterprise resources.
• Schedules installations, upgrades and maintenance in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Monitor and tune the backup architecture to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Ensure backups integrity by evaluating, testing implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups, test restores and database archive operations.
• Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
• Evaluates system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
• Troubleshoots backup infrastructure problems.
• Help develops backup and recovery strategy.
• Incorporate Information Security Best Practices in all aspects of backups, systems
management and other areas of responsibility.
• Maintain excellent up to date documentation on all areas of responsibility.
• Monitor and manage the DR replication.
Skills & Requirements
• 3+ years of Backup Systems Administration experience in enterprise setting (inclusive of installing and maintaining backup solutions)
• Must possess strong experience and proficiency w/ leveraging TSM to back up AIX servers
• Must possess strong experience and proficiency w/ Veeam (will definitively consider someone w/ VMware)
• Must possess knowledge and experience performing backups on Windows, Linux and / or AIX environments (does not need to be a system admin for any of the environments)
• Prior experience and proficiency w/ Zerto preferred but not required
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141969