Big Data Engineer – Perm – Seattle, WA - $110,000 - $120,000
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is seeking a Big Data Engineer in Seattle, WA.
• Hands-on software development in Python, SQL, Apache Spark.
• Design and build high scale, near real time and batch data processing pipelines.
• Partner with your peers in Product, Design, Scrum framework, and technology to develop our next generation data platform.
• Create and maintain technical documentation.
• Guide and deliver meaningful and thorough code reviews.
• Ensure performance, quality, and accuracy of our data.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent working experience.
• 1+ Years of Apache Spark development experience (PySpark, Python, SQL).
• Share a strong passion for new technologies and driving innovation.
• Deliver high quality, production ready code, this is a high priority for you.
• Eager to always learn new technologies and expand your skillset.
• A creative and inventive software development expert.
• Strong hands-on experience in Python, SQL, and Spark
• Experience in Databricks, Delta Lake, Parquet, Hive, PySpark, and Spark SQL
• Proficient in one or more environments: Linux, Windows, and/or iOS
• Experience in AWS: S3 / EMR / Lambda
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142340