Remote Business Architect – Perm. - $160,000 - $175,000
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Remote Business Architect
The Business Architect acts as a bridge between business and technology and helps in the operationalization of strategy and assists in the technology enablement of core capabilities and value streams. Our Business Architects unite our business strategy and technology transformation to drive business outcomes. These architects maintain the enterprise business architecture and partner with product management, engineering, and business relationship management to develop products and roadmaps for business capabilities to achieve strategic enterprise goals.
• Lead interviews and workshops to analyze the current business model and operating model to help define future business capabilities or changes in how key elements of the business work together
• Lead business architecture portion of business blueprints, including creation of business architecture visuals such as: value stream maps, service blueprints, business capability maps, organizational graphs, and customer/associate journey maps
• Collaborate with team members within the EA competencies to create a “value-add” services approach to the organization for technology investments and product development
• Provide business architecture direction and guidance to technology and business partners in the support of EA that starts and ends with a focus on delivering actionable recommendations to peers and leadership, so they can adjust policies, products, initiatives, and solutions to achieve targeted business outcomes
• Develop deep understanding of the business end-to-end, its products and services, and general business landscape
Skills & Requirements
• 3+ years of progressive Business Architecture experience in a large, enterprise environment(s) with at least 8 years of relevant work experience
• Possess experience organizing and architecting the business (people, process, policy) and aligning those dimensions of the business with enabling technologies
• Possess experience working with product/business owners, corporate/business strategists, and other architects (enterprise, data, solution, infrastructure, and technical architects)
• Possess experience developing various views, service blueprints, viewpoints, lenses, mappings, assessments, and heat maps
• Possess experience understanding frontend customer facing/business interaction with backend business/technical connectivity
• Possess experience with strategic planning, understanding gaps/structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo inefficiencies and targeting designs that remedy those issues
• Possess experience partnering with the Product Directors/Owners to help develop the appropriate products and services that drive business outcomes and metrics
• Possess exposure to Agile framework and Process Improvement methodology (e.g. Six Sigma, Kaizen)
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142403