The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a C#/React Software Engineer
• Remote Job but want candidates in Washington DC area*
The Software Engineer II will be responsible for developing, supporting, implementing, and maintaining a set of information systems both in-house developed as well as 3rd-party integrations. Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, developing/maintaining business applications, supporting business systems, and web site development. The position requires the ability to gather requirements, design, conduct reviews, develop, test and maintain multiple tools that integrate across existing and emerging technologies to provide support for organizational actions.
• Maintain and develop interactive, web-based applications and services using .NET
• Support internal use of various software systems used in support of ongoing business
• Develop data extraction tools to parse and collect relevant information from a variety of sources
• Participate in requirements definition to help design data gathering and analysis systems
• Present work, verbally and in writing, to diverse audiences including technical colleagues and management
• Perform many roles on a team including individual contributor, leader, analyst, or project manager
• Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in science, math, computer science or engineering field
• Minimum 5 years of web development experience
• Experience with API integrations through web services (REST, SOAP)
• Experience with Windows Server administration, particularly IIS, is preferred
• Experience with leveraging various Microsoft office applications in a business setting
• Experience with technical, process control or scientific programming
• Experience with various software tools including Python, Microsoft’s Entity Framework and data visualization tools (Spotfire)
• Expertise in development and deployment of B2B e-commerce websites
• Portfolio of past application development projects, in which a tangible lead development role was held
• ERP systems including JD Edwards experience is a plus
• Strong programming fundamentals and analytical background
• Logical problem solving and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion
• Proficiency in .NET/C#
• Proven expertise in development and deployment of B2B e-commerce websites
• Track record of successful sound code design, reuse and maintenance
• End-to-end knowledge of content management and e-commerce systems including performance and scalability, design and tuning, data mitigation, SEO strategy execution, content distribution and third party web services integration
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines, accuracy and reliability of project data
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected including the ability to work closely with scientific subject matter experts, multi-task and work productively in a demanding team environment
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1139757