Clinical Contracts Associate – Contract – Foster City, CA - $40.00-$43.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Biotechnology Company is seeking a Clinical Contracts Associate in Foster City, CA.
• Support a wide spectrum of financial activities for multi-phase clinical studies including assistance with supplier contract financial terms validations, vendor management, accrual confirmations and variance analysis, budget reviews and maintenance
• Perform high volume of financial activities with numerous clinical service providers (CRO, Specialty Labs, Imaging, Biomarkers, etc.) which requires strong attention to detail, a high level of organization, and aptitude to understand and utilize multiple financial systems and tools
• Investigate payment issues, work with Purchasing & Accounts Payable partners on escalated issues, delays, and discrepancies resolution
• Manage review and approval process for a high volume of invoices across multiple therapeutic areas
• BA/BS in relevant discipline; 4 years of experience in biotech/pharma
Skills & Requirements
• Provides operational support for a wide spectrum of financial activities performed by Clinical Finance team
• Completes responsibilities in a timely, organized way. Identifies issues/problems and provides customary recommendations for solutions
• Works on diverse business problems that require financial analysis with only general instructions from more senior individuals in department
• Assists clinical teams and interdepartmental functional groups in contract and PO reporting and resolving financial issues as they relate to vendor contracts
• Able to read/understand contract budgets and financial terms and apply them in review of invoices
• Has frequent contact with external customers regarding invoice-related issues and internal cross-functional collaboration
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Able to performs routine work without detailed instructions
• Demonstrates proficiency in the use of complex budgeting & forecasting database tools
• Assists in the development of spreadsheets, data analytics, visualizations and tracking tools based on requests for information and analysis from the senior staff
• Demonstrates ability to work under pressure with rapid and accurate turn-around timelines, especially while managing multiple, constantly changing priorities
• Demonstrates a general knowledge and understanding of accepted accounting procedures
• Collaborates well with members of clinical operations, legal, and corporate finance teams
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140463