The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Remote Clinical Project Manager- Hematology/ Oncology
Responsible for the overall coordination and management of clinical trials from start up through to final deliverables. Directs the technical and operational aspects of the projects, securing the successful completion of clinical trials. Works with major functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project, interpret data on complex issues, makes sound business decisions and ensure solutions are implemented. Works to ensure all project deliverables meet the customer’s time/quality/cost expectations. Accountable for ensuring all project deliverables meet the customer/contract expectations, providing accurate hour forecasts, reviewing pass-through costs and ensuring timely invoicing with the support of Project Management Directors and/or Associate Directors while working in collaboration with other functional area leads.
• Manages allocated studies according to timelines and quality standards.
• Coordinates activities of all functional departments and vendors involved in the project; in some cases the multi-functional project management lead will have to take direct responsibility for the clinical subspecialty functional area.
• Works with team and management to develop plans/guidelines for project implementation using company tools. Monitors and analyzes project status to ensure successful completion of project parameters, milestones, timetables (i.e., regulatory document, research agreement, site payments, interim monitoring, CRF retrieval, CRF data entry, etc.). Ensures teams are entering and updating internal tracking tools e.g. Project Pulse, CASCADE, etc. Works with team to identify potential risks, develop contingency plans.
• Acts as principal liaison between Sponsor and company by facilitating the flow of information between company and client. Provides Sponsor with timely project updates, project related fiscal information, ensures correct protocol interpretations, and obtains direction and feedback on implementing scope of work. May discuss and obtain feedback from Sponsors regarding company’s performance to date.
• Plans and communicates to team members study specific tasks and priorities for projects. Delegates, as appropriate, assigned responsibilities to project team members. Liaises with managers in all functional areas within company to optimize performance and utilization of the project team members. Appropriately escalates any issues or potential issues to the Project Management Director or Associate Director for all project related issues.
• Works closely with finance and legal to manage all financial and contractual aspects of the study including establishing and recognizing financial milestones for invoice and subcontractor purposes, subcontracting with third-party service providers, approving subcontractor invoices, establishing proper accrual for investigator grants, assisting with negotiation of the investigator grants as needed and similar pass-throughs. Works with the project team to establish appropriate controls to ensure that project resources and expenses are aligned with budgets.
• Works closely with Project Management Director or Associate Director to provide details for the development and negotiation of contract modifications, as needed.
• Ensures that appropriate assessment and coordination of project/protocol specific and therapeutic area training needs and activities are occurring for the team members as needed.
• Provides input into hiring, performance management, training and other activities related to leading project staff members across functional areas.
• Works to prepare and present at client meetings as the assigned Project Manager. Attends bid defenses, as necessary.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
• Knowledge of the key principles of cross functional project management (Time, Quality, Cost).
• Solid financial acumen.
• Applies a range of negotiation techniques to achieve desired outcomes with evidence of commercial and organizational acumen.
• Displays effective communication skills (listening, oral, written) and can communicate in English language (oral, written).
• Sound interpersonal skills, is flexible and adapts to changing situations.
• Has the ability to persuade, convince, and influence or impress others.
• Is organized, proficient at multi-tasking with good attention to detail.
• Able to lead, motivate and coordinate teams. Coach/mentor team members as appropriate.
• Able to delegate, effectively prioritizes own and workload of project team members.
• Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Possesses cross cultural awareness and is able to adapt appropriately.
• Has an understanding and appreciation of clinical research/development, including medical and therapeutic areas, phases and medical terminology.
• Has experience with leading, liaising and coordinating cross-functional project teams.
• Has knowledge/understanding of clinical development guidelines and directives.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142112