Your new company
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers. For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Your new role
We are looking for a Coordinator – ISO/Projects - Refinery to help us lead the ISO 9001 certification in a complex, technical, and large-scale mineral processing environment. The Operation Coordinator is a member of the plant leadership team. The incumbents is responsible for supporting the Refinery and Rail Manager in maintaining ISO 9001 certification. The role is instrumental in ensuring product quality, continuously improving existing processes, and developing team capability. The role is responsible for Scheduling and coordinating audits, preparing for management review meetings, resolving customer complaints, and driving customer-focused improvements. With leadership training programmes, growing and developing is more than an opportunity – it is something we actively plan and make happen. Every day our leaders grow, while our rosters are designed to help you live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. Reporting to the Refinery and Rail Manager - Operations and working in a collaborative environment, you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Ensure our quality manual is up to date and followed.
- Continuously improve our quality manual including ISO 9001 updates, benchmarking, customer needs, and operational strategies.
- Deliver operational projects that support safe efficient operations.
- Support the refinery's lean production journey.
- Evaluate process efficiency, identify process problems and recommend solutions
- Drive the generation of improvement and cost-saving ideas, and trend and quantify value generated by projects to track against targets and ensure timely completion
- Direct the preparation of CEAs to replace existing equipment or purchase additional equipment
- Provide high-level guidance to the wider Refinery Team in achieving goals by obtaining feedback from internal/external customers and suppliers to improve performance
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or another related field
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in project leadership, project management, change management, and cross-functional team leadership using indirect influence to make change, rather than authority
- Root Cause Analysis methods
- Experience with lean production methodology
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking, and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
What you need to do now
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs and pension plan
- Wellbeing benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1141780