The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Data Engineer in Hybrid / Sunrise, FL.
The Data Engineer will help us build a solid and scalable data infrastructure and analytical environment. The ideal candidate enjoys data wrangling, optimizing data pipelines, and building solutions for data collections and analysis. Work assignments may cover activities such as requirements gathering, source-to-target mapping, data validation scripting and review, developing and monitoring ETL/ELT data pipelines, designing and implementing database schema/tables/views, and producing datasets as input to data science models and visualizations. The data engineer will work directly with the Sr. Director of BI and Analytics to ensure consistency and compliance of deliverables to frameworks and governance processes. Responsible for the development, implementation, testing, documentation, and maintenance of data warehouse / lakehouse. Produce comprehensive, usable dataset documentation and metadata.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
• Build the data pipeline to enable the team deliver actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Ensure reliability in data and data pipelines, enforcing governance, security, and performance
• Partner to deliver a modern data engineering model that follows Dev/Ops principles and standards for continuous integration/ continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes
• Collaborate with IT and business partners to define, manage and deliver innovative Data solutions to drive growth and adoption of capabilities.
• Work existing data pipelines and solutions to enhance its performance, quality and/or functionality. Resolve incidents escalated by support teams or business users
• Executes the strategy to deliver cloud-based intelligent systems to collect, distribute, model, and analyze disparate and diverse data assets to automate insights and drive business performance
• Create data tools for analytic team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field
• 3+ years of experience in a data engineer role
• Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
• Intermediate knowledge of one or more high-level programming languages (e.g. Python, Scala, Java).
• Familiarity with ‘big data’ technologies (e.g. Spark, Hive, Hadoop, MapR, etc.), with Spark experience preferred.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
• Experience with cloud data warehouse solutions (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks)
• Experience managing and deploying code using a source control product such as GitLab/GitHub
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide data programs.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142553