Remote (CST) Data Modeler – CTP - $90.00-$98.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Remote (CST) Data Modeler
The team is actively establishing a framework of industry-leading technologies that will provide deeper insights to its business partners with faster speed-to-market and needs experienced modelers with a passion for data.
In addition to supporting our data evolution journey, DAE Data Modelers design transactional and analytical databases that translate complex business data into usable computer systems. Data Modelers work with data architects to design databases and data structures that meet organizational needs using conceptual, logical, and physical data models. Their models are designed to improve efficiency and business value and may focus on issues such as reducing data redundancy, improving data quality, or improving data movement across systems.
An ideal DAE Data Modeler is an analytical and creative thinker who is not intimidated by roadblocks and challenges. They understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions. Data Modelers perform well under pressure, possessing great focus while completing projects efficiently. They should be able to work well as part of a team, but also carry responsibility for their own work. Data Modelers also need to be able to work on multiple projects at a time, with the ability to quickly understand and incorporate new technologies.
• Work with the Data Office, Data Architects, DAE and Application Development teams to translate business needs into practical data models
• Create and Maintain Conceptual Data Models for multiple domains within our Canonical Mode
• Create and Maintain Logical and Physical Data Models using Data Vault 2.0 for our data lake and data warehouse aligned to the Canonical Mode
• Support development teams with application table creation and mentoring
• Participate in Data Governance procedures and policy management
• Contribute policies and guidelines for the governance of Data Management standards and best practices
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
• 5+ years of experience with data modeling tools such as Erwin and IDA
• 5+ years of experience with SQL development and DDL generation
• 3+ years of experience with cloud-based Data Warehouse and Data Lake environments
• Prior experience translating Conceptual models into Logical and Physical Data Warehouse models leveraging Canonical standards
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively on large-scale data projects
Experience in these areas is a plus:
• Experience modeling using Data Vault 2.0 methodology and Snowflake data warehousing technologies
• Experience supporting the modeling of an Enterprise Canonical Model
• Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica and Snaplogic
• Has worked with ACORD insurance industry standards
• Experience in insurance industry data concepts
• Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI and MicroStrategy
• Exposure to messaging solutions such as Kafka and M
• Experience in Enterprise Reference and Master Data Management strategies
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1143249