Data Platform (Oracle DBA) – Perm – Omaha, NE. - $105,000 - $135,000
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Data Platform (Oracle DBA) in Omaha, NE.
• Administer and support Oracle products, applications, and Databases on Linux
• Architect new data platform solutions
• Evaluate and operationalize new data products and technologies
• Automate repetitive tasks related to administrative duties
• Develop integrations to other infrastructure components and processes
• Discover, investigate, and remediate performance anomalies in the environment
• Provide guidance and support for emerging data platform technologies
• Consult with other business and Tech teams on data architecture best practices and system implementations
• Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and methods and technologies to improve the internal control environment for data platforms
Skills & Requirements
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, any related field, or commensurate experience in this field
• 5 or more years' experience in administering Oracle products and applications
• 2 or more years' experience with scripting (e.g., python, PowerShell, bash)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of control objectives, cyber threats, and vulnerabilities
• Able to work well in a team environment
• A Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• Experience implementing RDMS and NoSQL data platforms for a large enterprise
• Experience with Oracle Exadata implementation and administration
• Experience creating scripts to analyze data and automate processes
• 2 or more years' experience administering NoSQL databases
• 2 or more years' experience with Java and/or Angular development
• Knowledge of configuration management in Chef or similar platform
• Solid understanding of IT Policy and Compliance frameworks
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1143144