Desktop Support – Contract – Duluth, MN - $20.00-$29.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a Desktop Support in Duluth, MN.
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world’s leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant’s unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you’ll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you’ll enjoy many of the perks you’d expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• 3+ years Desktop Support experience
• Resolve technical support issues that cannot be resolved via telephone by Service Desk, in person or using remote tools
• Diagnose and repair hardware problems, set up, configure and test equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance and install upgrades and options
• Ownership of incidents/requests from start until resolution
• All aspects of IMAC (Install, Move, Add, Change) including onboards/offboards
• Resolve “walk up” requests for assistance including business hour
• Support at walkup windows across North America Ability to mobilize a force of 5-20 people to provide an IT presence in various areas across North America Maintain technical knowledge on our company’s applications and services
• Maintain technical expertise and knowledge regarding upgrades and new hardware and software brought into the company Creation & verification of
• Knowledge Base (KB) articles
• Analyze, document, and escalate critical issues to appropriate support groups
• Image laptops and desktops
• Test & terminate network cables
• Setup & support of computer and A/V equipment meeting room support and support of technologies used by attendees
• Assist with server installs, repairs and maintenance as required
• Assist with network issues and performance issues
• Assist with mobility incident/requests as required
• Deployment of mobility devices spare/loaner as required
• Assist with switch and router installs and replacements.
As Cognizant’s chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142668