Desktop Tech – Contract – Warsaw, IN – $20.00-$24.00/ Hr.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Technology Service and Consulting Company is seeking a Desktop Tech in Warsaw, IN.
• Provides complex technical support, planning, and coordination for End User touch points of the distributed computer environment, including desktop, software, and hardware installation, support and distribution, and remote access technologies.
• Performs analysis, diagnosis, installation, and resolution of complex desktop computer, operating system, application software and hardware technologies, and associated problems.
• Performs analysis, diagnosis, installation, and resolution of remote access technologies and associated problems.
• Performs analysis, diagnosis, coordination, and planning of horizontal network cable management processes including installation, moves, adds, changes, and repairs.
• Provides complex technical input to the Desktop Services team and assumes a supporting role in selecting and utilizing appropriate tools and techniques for timely service delivery.
• Works independently with little to no direct supervision in analysis, design, and implementation of desktop solutions to fulfill business unit requirements.
• Acts as a technical liaison with user groups and other IT partners for systems support and implementation. Provides an effective interface among users, vendors, IT partners, and consultants in evaluating technical issues and products.
• Responsible for partnering with the business units supported to understand the business impact of support issues.
• Responsible for project analysis, design, coordination, and planning for all technical components of desktop related projects.
• Coordinates schedules and technical work order instructions to contracted labor for installations, moves, adds, and changes within the desktop computing environment.
• Demonstrates creativity and initiative in problem solving.
• Technical documentation of hardware/software additions or changes.
• Updates inventory additions and changes to the inventory database.
• Updates and closes trouble tickets and service requests.
Skills & Requirements
• 2+ years of progressive experience in the desktop environment.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Windows desktop operating systems.
• Advanced ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis of PC hardware, PC operating systems, and office automation software, with expert level knowledge in at least one area of specialization.
• Intermediate knowledge of the Windows Server Operating System and the ability to perform domain related administrative tasks.
• Ability to perform troubleshooting and analysis of PC hardware, PC operating systems (Win95, WinNT, Win2000, WinXP, Windows 2007) and office automation software, with expert level knowledge in at least one area of specialization.
• Ability to perform troubleshooting and analysis of Microsoft Office Suite of products including versions 2007 and 2010.
• Intermediate knowledge and understanding of LAN environments
• Intermediate knowledge of communication protocols
• Intermediate knowledge of PC-to-Mainframe access.
• Intermediate knowledge of LAN based e-mail systems (e.g., Outlook, MS Exchange)
• Creativity and advanced problem solving skills that lead to effective solutions to complex and varied problems.
• A demonstrated ability to encourage and model positive cross-team partnerships.
• Intermediate ability to perform complex troubleshooting and analysis of network system devices and PC network hardware and client software.
• Audio Video setup and troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge of printer Maintenance.
• College degree in Business or Computer Science
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141646