The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Financial Services Company is seeking a Remote DevOps Engineer
• Creating and scaling devops pipelines to build, scan, test and deploy code to various production and preproduction environments
• Creating, and scaling monitoring and alerting infrastructure for deployed applications, including system health and application health metrics assimilation pipelines and dashboard
• Staying up to date with DevOps best practices and informing Tech and Engineering
leadership and strategy on best alternatives for tooling choice
• Together with RBC’s DevOps CoE, determine best mix of development, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
• Works with internal infrastructure teams to provision cloud, network, firewall infrastructure requests
• Manage all aspects of joint development and assists with vendor negotiations for DevOps adoption
• Develop, measure, and monitor ongoing effectiveness of DevOps solutions including production and maintenance support
• Contribute to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies
• Directly engaged in hands-on development, research and mentoring in support of driving modern engineering practices including: CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery), Continuous Health Monitoring, Distributed Tracing, Audit Logging, Live Metrics, Circuit Breakers and Containerization
Skills & Requirements
At least 2 years of hands-on experience in the areas delineated below
Completely proficient and confident with at least 5 of the following the following
• Jenkins Pipeline
• Git core concepts as well as Git based code repos
• UCD and or Ansible
• Maven and container repos Nexus or Artifactory
• SRE tooling including Dynatrace or AppDynamics
• Log Aggregation frameworks like ELK, Splunk, Sumologic
• Working with Linux-based infrastructures including Linux terminal, bash scripting
• Core container orchestration concepts including building, deploying and working with containers through CLI Azure or AWS through CLI as well as Developer portals
• Kubernetes, Openshift
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141433