Engineering Manager, Game Security – Perm – Remote - $165,000-$175,000
We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
We are looking to hire a Engineering Manager, Game Security.
As a Engineering Manager you will be take ownership for the execution of key components across our technology roadmap, guiding a focused team of engineers to build and refine components, tools, and capabilities to support Game Security initiatives. Working directly with senior management in the Game Security group, you will be entrusted and empowered to deliver mission critical capabilities that protect the safety and security of our major franchise titles.
As a battle tested engineering leader, you will help navigate roadblocks, define solutions, and focus resources to deliver best of breed solutions in support of our mission. Taking direction from Game Security leadership, you will be empowered and encouraged to be a proactive, inventive, and trusted resource to mentor and guide a highly skilled engineering team.
A concise understanding of the full software product development lifecycle, supported by a solid track record of managing the delivery of complex technology solutions, is essential to be successful in this role. This role is highly suitable for somebody who not only garners respect as a professional and knowledgeable engineering team leader, but isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get the job done – getting hands-on with the team will be highly encouraged.
• Responsible for full product development lifecycle, from gathering requirements, to prioritizing features, assisting engineers writing specifications, reviewing execution plans and ensuring alignment against strategic technology development goals.
• Work with Game Security leadership to align technical requirements across multiple stakeholders.
• Resolve ambiguity, highlight risk, and provide predictable estimates for deliverables.
• Balance resources across multiple projects already in flight, and build plans for upcoming roadmap deliverables.
• Identify risks early and often, and suggest mitigation strategies that consider multiple paths and pragmatic solutions. Be able to offer alternative approaches, balancing technology and business requirements against time and resources.
• Provide hands-on engineering leadership by example, offering guidance and mentorship to engineers.
Skills & Requirements
• 7+ years of technical product ownership, engineering team management in support of videogame development at engine, tools, or feature-level, or similar experience.
• Experience with defining and leading platform initiative and/or complex software engineering projects.
• Deep experience with each stage of software development lifecycle, from inception, design and implementation, through to QA and deployment; translating requirements into effective engineering execution.
• Experience in practicing agile development practices, and strong working knowledge of a variety of project management techniques.
• Be able to practice what you preach – diving in and contributing directly to development efforts when necessary.
• Able to proactively navigate roadblocks with effective solutions. Can breakdown complex projects into manageable phased deliverables.
• Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
• Facilitator who clears roadblocks for the engineering team, taking ownership to keep things moving.
• Highly technical acumen – understand key problem domains and how to leverage innovative modern software engineering techniques.
• Be able to juggle multiple priorities – able to keep things moving and stay on track.
• Extensive knowledge of Intel-family processor architecture, mobile processors (such as ARM64) a plus.
• Strong C/C++ development on game titles, including some understanding of assembly code, and solid understanding of source control best practices and hands-on knowledge of P4.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1137784