The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
• Develop and implement solutions, based on a set of standards, patterns and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Developing full stack solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of our IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality.
• Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
• Responsible for the quality of their work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels, employ reviews and observations to maintain the quality and continuous improvement process, and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
• Use metrics to establish feasibility of new initiatives and develop plans, including budget, sequencing and time frames.
• Actively review their own and the team’s work processes and implements improvements seen from other teams or in industry to drive continuous improvement of the team’s efficiency, speed, and quality
• The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation.
Skills & Requirements
• You’ve previously designed, developed, unit tested, implemented and documented solutions that include not only the code to supports business functionality, but also the underlying infrastructure required to run that code and the systems required to deploy it.
• You should also possess technical skills and experience in the virtual infrastructure domain, in particular Amazon Web Services.
• Plus: You have knowledge and experience with continuous delivery systems.
• You’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, unit testing, documenting and maintaining complex technical software solutions in support of the application development and QA processes. Additionally, you will be expected to ensure communications and relationships with customers and cross-team members are professional and meet expectations.
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
• 6-7 years of experience in software systems, programming, database development, and infrastructure development and administration
• 5+ years demonstrated experience with AWS cloud supported programming languages like Java, Node JS, or Python development. A minimum of 3+ years experience with Node/ React JS
• 4+ years hands-on with AWS Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, EC2, RDS and DynamoDB, AWS CLI
• Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, BitBucket
• Working knowledge of distributed architectural design patterns
• Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142916
Technology & Internet Services
70.00 - 85.00