The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An Entertainment Company is seeking a Full Stack SWE - Remote
The Software Engineer – Operations Engineering is a critical member of the Technical Operations Team whose primary role is to complete full-stack software development stories. They are responsible for working on a small team to develop projects that automate routine work and provide new self-service UIs which enable Tech Ops services to be delivered on- demand. The Software Engineer will serve as a member of a delivery studio with goals to increase efficiency, decrease friction, and advance DevOps and No-Ops programs within the assigned portfolio.
- Utilizes experience as a full-stack software engineer to create, implement, and maintain tools and automation in collaboration with the scrum team.
- Participates in developing specifications for new projects, platforms, and tools. Utilizes expertise in SRE, DevOps, and other disciplines to advocate for new approaches to drive efficiency and availability.
- Assist in designing and implementing front-end/user-interfaces which are primarily created to assist Systems Engineers and other IT professionals do their work to deliver new business functionality efficiently and reliably.
- Assists in designing and implementing back-end services, focusing on event-drive, serverless/micro-service architectures.
- Capable of completing both front-end and back-end work using a variety of on-prem and in-cloud technology stacks based on the requirements of the project
- Writes code, completes programming, reviews peers’ code, writes documentation, writes tests, performs testing, and debugs code in lower and production environments.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
- Three plus years of progressively related experience in coding and development of highly scalable, high-volume software components, and/or client-facing web applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with current software development lifecycle (SDLC) concepts and best-practices, CI/CD pipelines, and test-driven development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with serverless and micro-service architecture, particularly cloud-based solutions such as AWS Lambda. Demonstrated ability to implement in a variety of languages such as Node.js, Python, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to configure and use code management, configuration, and deployment tools, including: git, github, gitlab, TFS, etc. Proficient at using modern code-management practices to work on multiple branches and merge code with peer developers.
- Familiarity with principles of systems engineering, provisioning, and monitoring/instrumentation is desired. This includes performance management and monitoring tools such as: AppDynamics, SiteScope, Splunk, Terraform, Chef, Rundeck, etc.
- Familiarity with IT Service Management (ITSM) processes, especially: incident management, problem management, and knowledge management. ITIL Certification is desired.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.