Remote IT Data Engineer – Contract - $80.00-$82.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An Insurance Company is seeking a Remote IT Data Engineer
Core focus will be on heavy AWS technology experience with expert level Java. Position is similar to a Full Stack SE but not so much on the front-end. Also looking for Lamdba experience, exp setting up containers and additional tech stack as listed in the JD. Container experience is important.
Candidate will be working within a self-contained squad.
Skills & Requirements
• Min 6+ years of Data Engineering experience
• Strong Java Programming Skills
• Having worked with code quality frameworks, test frameworks, mocking, and stubbing
• Experience with AWS Services and Concept
• Strong knowledge in Cloud Formation, S3, Glue, and Lambda
• Ideal SQS, Dynamo, CloudWatch, and Step Functions in addition to above
• Familiarity with Python Programming
• Intermediate SQL Skills
• CICD Tooling
• Bitbucket or Comparable source control management tooling
• Bamboo or Jenkins pipelines (Preferably Bamboo)
• Application Testing Experience – Functional and Integration
• Agile Experience
• Knowledge of Kafka and Event Driven Architectures
• Spring Boot Experience
• Swagger and REST API Skills
• Snowflake Experience
• Spark Experience
• Experience building containerized application services
• Awareness of Logging and Observability Tooling and Techniques
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142257