IT Hardware & Software Technician – Contract – Madison, WI - $20.00-$22.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a IT Hardware & Software Technician in Madison, WI.
The IT Hardware & Software Technician is responsible for building, testing, and deploying Radiologist workstations, supporting field technicians, and maintaining all deployed equipment - computers, monitors, microphones, network devices and peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.) in accordance with documented procedures. The role includes maintaining, analysing, troubleshooting, and repairing computer hardware, software, and peripherals. This role will also be responsible for assisting and providing the appropriate level of support (in person, by telephone or via e-mail) to the service desk team and end-users to help resolve issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world’s leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant’s unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you’ll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you’ll enjoy many of the perks you’d expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• Document, maintain, upgrade, or replace hardware and software systems as required
• Solicit Quotes, place orders and receive items within NetSuite
• Reclaiming hardware during off-boarding process
• Facilitate escalation of incidents and requests as necessary
• Participate in and contribute to various department projects and initiatives
• Work on multiple projects concurrently, monitor the status of tasks and escalate issues when appropriate
• Basic level understanding of all applications involved and the impact they have on hospital & user workflows
• Troubleshoot issues associated with workstations (hardware, software, peripherals, network); determine necessary repair, updates, and testing
• Monitor incoming service desk ticket queues and take ownership as appropriate
• Utilize ServiceNow to document incidents and requests and ensure proper communication of resolution to the end user
• Identify trends of recurring issues for radiologists and manage problems by working with appropriate resources to achieve a permanent solution
• Support the documentation of physical inventory of workstations
• Make inventory recommendations/purchases as assigned
• Be familiar with and able to troubleshoot mobile devices and related wireless technologies
• Be familiar with and able to support Radiology specific applications
• Be familiar with and able to support basic networking issues
• Communicate effectively, including clearly express ideas/opinions, use appropriate, and effective communication methods, deal with team members openly and honestly, be receptive and attentive to communication/feedback
• Must be able to work with all levels of an organization from leadership to physicians to support staff
• Be present and prepared for work as scheduled, use time off policies appropriately, and schedule lunch and breaks according to department & radiologists needs
• • Utilize procedures and resources appropriately to ensure efficient delivery of work product
• Perform other duties, responsibilities, and/or special projects as assigned
• Some travel will be required
• Ability to lift 50lbs frequently
• Required Skills Computer Hardware & Networking basics
As Cognizant’s chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142663
Technology & Internet Services
Similar jobs to IT Hardware & Software Technician
Service Desk Analyst I
Remote Service Desk Analyst I – CTP
Application Support (Financial)
Remote Application Support (Financial) – Perm. - $65,000 - $80,000