The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a Java Developer in College Station, TX.
Offering contracting positions where you will get to participate actively in team meetings discussions and be a specialist in object-oriented analysis and design and apply your software development experience within a great team. (architects, business analysts, project managers, other developers, and customers) and proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or integrity of the application environment.
The range of jobs, including seniority and length of contract will vary role-to-role but will always involve Java projects development. The scope of activity can range from analyzing, designing, developing, testing and implementing distributed applications and modules through to coordinating with client SME, client tech lead and offshore technical team.
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world’s leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant’s unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you’ll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you’ll enjoy many of the perks you’d expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• Java Backend software development experience
• Experience using Angular, Framework, HTML5, CSS, SASS, Java script, Typescript, Bootstrap
• Knowledge of CIDC tools like Jenkins and Docker
• Excellent analytical & Strong Debugging skills
• Strong understanding of Java 8, Microservices, Spring-boot, API Development and AWS
• Experience with Java EE, Maven and knowledge on application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere
• Knowledge of commonly used IDEs like Eclipse and UNIX scripts
• Experience in Agile / Scrum
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment
• Collaborative and consultative personality, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
As Cognizant’s chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.