The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is seeking a Lead Monitoring Engineer in Johns Creek, GA/Hybrid.
Lead, Software Engineering at Technology reports to the Manager, Software Engineering, and plays a key role in leading the software engineering technical direction and development of enterprise solutions. As a lead engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a “force multiplier”. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed software systems.
- Create/review technical design documentation and Provide leadership including constructive code reviews and design guidance to team members.
- Work collaboratively in a group of passionate developers in a high energy, fast paced and outcome-oriented environment.
- Lead a technical team by example and foster growth in junior team members.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Skills & Requirements
- Needs heavy monitoring engineering background
- Cloud Monitoring Experience (GCP Preferred)
- This is a Lead position; having 1-2 reports. Will entertain a Senior Engineer who is interested in moving into a lead position.
- OMI / OBM
- 2-3 years experience with monitoring tools: Dynatrace; Nagios; Splunk
- At least an understanding of CICD Pipeline
- 2 years experience with IT Event Management – Operations Bridge Manager
- MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred.
- Overall 5+ years of hands-on experience managing monitoring solutions (includes Splunk, Nagios, APM tools, OMi/OBM)
- 1+ years od experience working in a DevOps-oriented culture that prioritizes CI/CD
- 2+ years of experience with Monitoring Tools : Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace
- 2+ years of experience with IT event management : Operations Bridge Manager
- 2+ years of experience in Lunix/Windows Operating System
- 1+ years of experience in Google/Network Monitoring
- 1+ experience in Google Cloud Fundamentals Terraform
What you'll get in return
- Be a part of the beginning of their journey to become a true digital retail space!!
- You will be able to see your work and contribution directly on a major retail company’s site and apps
- Excellent Work / Life Balance
- Annual Bonus and annual reviews
- ROOM FOR GROWTH
- FUN / COLLABORATIVE ENIVRONMENT
- Strong focus to truly recognize great work. i.e: Promotions; on the spot bonus; etc.
- Large retail company is moving to becoming a true tech-centric company. Working with the latest and greatest.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142999