Your new company
With more than 45 years' of experience in the DMV Construction market, our client is an established Multifamily General Contractor with a fantastic reputation for delivering projects on time. We have been asked by the client to find YOU!, a qualified Superintendent who has overseen Multifamily projects up to $100m. With their family-orientated and client focused approach, they have built strong networks, allowing for a strong project pipeline.
Your new role
As the Lead Superintendent working for this excellent company, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the overall site performance including liaising with sub-contractor and suppliers. Reviewing building practices to ensure compliance with forecast budgets, quality control, project management procedures and health and safety guidelines, details as follows:
What you'll need to succeed
- Directing and overseeing the activities of a range of contractors and subcontractors. This will be with initial site preparation and foundation work and continue through the final stages of a construction project.
- Management of staff
- Provide practical solutions to daily on-site challenges and hurdles
- With the guidance of the project manager set contractor schedules and delivery dates for certain elements of the project. Ensuring sub-contractors have available materials, and making sure contractors are scheduled correctly.
- Maintain Site Safety including setting and enforcing standards for the site
- Continuously reviewing building practices and procedures
- Carry out safety audits, toolbox talks and site coordination meetings
- Management of all site resources including subcontractors, staff, and equipment.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
This position requires YOU to have at least 10 years' experience working as a Superintendent within the DMV area. To be successful in the role you must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, strong scheduling and technical knowledge, and experience using Microsoft Project or Primavera is advantageous.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work for market leading GC with a good book of business who are financially sound, a fantastic management team who take great care of there employees, a market leading salary and benefits program and the opportunity for you to work on exciting Multifamily projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this exciting Superintendent role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your resume, or for a confidential discussion, call James on 202.991.2484 email firstname.lastname@example.org or Zig at 571.723.4076 email email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career