Medical Information Specialist: Senior Associate – Contract – Foster City, CA – $45.00-$48.00/ Hr.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Biotechnology Company is seeking a Medical Information Specialist: Senior Associate in Foster City, CA .
• Responds to unsolicited medical requests regarding company’s products from HCPs, members of the public, and internal company’s colleagues. Responses are provided in a timely manner using approved standard documents, up-to-date literature support and other resources
• Uses scientific and MI expertise to drive strategic initiatives and empower company’s partners, HCPs, patients and other requestors with globally aligned resources that enable timely, informed decisions and improved patient outcomes
• Prepares global resources in collaboration with local affiliate teams (TA specialist team). Prepares local resources (affiliate MI specialist team). Vendors may be used
• Identifies, reports and records adverse events and product complaints in a timely manner in accordance with SOP. May be asked to provide medical review for promotional and/or medical materials, depending on geography or role Responsibilities Routine responsibilities may include the following, depending on geography
• Respond to unsolicited requests for medical and scientific information regarding company’s products and documents in the request handling system (MiQ)
• Researches and collaborates with cross functional colleagues to provide response to complex requests. TA specialist responds to complex requests from affiliate MI and internal colleagues
• Create, update, and participate in review and quality check of MI response documents in accordance with local laws and regulations
• TA specialist collaborates with affiliate MI and relevant internal partners who may include medical affairs, development, regulatory, global patient safety and operations, commercial, to manage global response topics and content
• TA specialist prepares data on file to support response documents and complex requests
• Maintain document repository with regular/routine review of approved documents for new data from regulatory updates, scientific conferences, up-to-date literature searches, proactive literature surveillance, or newly published materials
• Understand the needs and preferences of internal and external partners and customers
• Review and provide analysis of MI databases for trends, customer insights and data gaps to guide content development and prepare customer interaction reports to share with internal stakeholders
• May oversee and/or evaluate external consultant writers
• TA Specialist (global conferences) and affiliate specialist (local conferences) may support and may plan MI booths at scientific congress and answer scientific questions – travel may be required. Affiliate specialists may participate in global conference support. May attend relevant sessions to enhance therapeutic area knowledge
• MI or TA specialist provides process and product training to colleagues and vendors as required
• Support departmental strategic initiatives to address major activities within TA (product launches, labelling updates, patient engagement etc.)
• Execute and drive global initiatives and actions in a timely way to advance the provision of MI to improve patient care
• May participate in events from external MI organisations across the pharmaceutical industry
• Identify, report and record adverse events and product complaints in a timely manner in accordance with SOP
• Participate in global and regional MI activities and projects in line with global and regional strategic MI plans
• Works under supervision of manager or colleague Knowledge and Skills
Skills & Requirements
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work well in multidisciplinary teams, across geographies
• Ability to create and provide clear communication of scientific data for different audiences, including members of the public
• Knowledge and understanding of company’s marketed and investigational products
• Knowledge of applicable regulatory and legal requirements for the provision of MI in the pharmaceutical environment, with understanding of regional or country regulations related to the provision of MI services
• Ability to provide analysis and evaluate clinical, biomedical and scientific data
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with departmental and cross-functional colleagues
• Understanding of internal and external stakeholder needs and priorities
• Serve as an advocate for MI affiliate or Global MI
• Demonstrates company’s core values and Leadership Commitments
• Has a strong attention to detail, excellent project management and problem-solving skills, and ability to think creatively
• Good organizational and work planning skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Awareness of digital solutions for communicating with healthcare providers and patients
• Previous experience with problem-solving and project management preferred Education and Experience
• Pharmacy, Nursing or Medical/ Life Sciences degree/advanced degree or equivalent
• Experience in MI or working in a healthcare environment preferred. Level 27 is entry level with limited previous experience
• Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a MI vendor preferred. Level 27 is entry level with limited previous experience Levelling Guide (number of years does not apply in all affiliates (outside of the United States) due to local employment laws) Previous experience minimum 5 years preferred (may include advanced degree course)
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141323
Scientific and R&D
Similar jobs to Medical Information Specialist: Senior Associate
Sr. People Technology Specialist III
Sr. People Technology Specialist III – Contract – Foster City, CA – $70.00-$75.00 / Hr.
California$70.00-$75.00 / Hr.
Associate Director, Leadership Communications
Associate Director, Leadership Communications – Contract – Hybrid / Foster City, CA.