The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Leading Travel Company is seeking a NetDevOps Engineer in Miami, FL.
The Senior Engineer, NetDevOps is a hands-on technician that will be responsible for provisioning, configuring, and automating cloud services and cloud native solutions as well as designing and implementing automated software delivery pipelines for enterprise deployments. A key focus of this role is providing solutions that are robust, scalable, and highly available. The Senior Engineer, DevOps is passionate about learning and enjoys a deep dive into complex problems and technologies. Critical to this role is the ability to break down non-trivial concepts clearly and concisely for mixed audiences.
• Configure cloud services, cloud native container orchestration platforms for high traffic applications. Collaborate with technical teams and cloud vendors to define best practice adoption of cloud technology and deliver best of breed solutions
• Automate application delivery pipelines for containerized and legacy applications running in the cloud and on-premises. Provisioning monitoring and APM tools to provide application health insights.
• Provision, configure and maintain infrastructure for multiple production and test environments
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to proactively reduce MTTR or production incidents through automated healing mechanisms and curating health indicators. Troubleshoot issues in real time as part of incident response.
Skills & Requirements
• BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of overall experience in System Operations, Software Development or both plus 3+ years of experience in design, provisioning and automation of distributed infrastructure/applications in cloud and on-premises environments.
• Strong knowledge in Networking OSI model
• Strong knowledge is various networking protocols
• Awareness and use of security technologies in Networking development.
• Strong experience with Kubernetes container orchestration and Docker.
• Strong experience deploying and managing applications to public cloud systems i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
• Strong practical Windows and Linux-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
• Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
• Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
• Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines with products like TeamCity/Octopus, Jenkins, Bamboo
• Strong scripting skills, i.e., PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
• Familiarity with any monitoring tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Nagios, New Relic.
• Experience with revision control source code repositories like Git, TFS, SVN, Mercurial.
• Experience with automated testing tools (ie. Selenium, JMeter).
• Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging).
• Understanding of Service-Oriented Engineering (SOA and REST).
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1143243