The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An Entertainment Company is seeking a Network Engineer in Orlando, FL.
Network Engineer is responsible for identifying the appropriate telecommunication, WAN, MAN, LAN, and Wi-Fi technology solutions that support and meet the customer’s business requirements. Looking for someone with experience in General Routing/Firewall. Job is mainly 50% engineering, 20% project management and 20% administrative. Certifications are not required if they can demonstrate proficiency, which will be known based on years of experience and what types of projects these individuals have worked on. However, they will be required to operate at a high level. Minimum 5 years, but ideally would like closer to 10 years. Routing protocols- familiarity with them. EIGPRP and BGP are the big ones. CISCO Nexus 6800 and Cisco 3800 are the primary switches. Prefer Palo Alto but will entertain any firewall experience.
This position must be able to provide network designs, manage network implementations, and proactively provide status to the Business Units. Also acts as a technical resource to evaluate evolving Telecommunication technology and perform as a consultant interface to the Business Units for new company initiatives.
Skills & Requirements
• 10+years progressive data communications experience in WAN/MAN/LAN/Wi-Fi network design, configuration, evaluation, problem resolution and project management experience.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
• Understanding of routing protocols including RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, RMTP, BGP etc
• Telecommunication connectivity experience including MPLS, Private Line, Metro Ethernet, Site-to-Site VPN and internet.
• Knowledge and understanding of all types of LAN environments: equipment hardware, software and cabling environment to support Ethernet, single-mode and multi-mode fiber optics, Cisco Nexus, ASR, F5, Juniper, Palo Alto
• CCNP, Palo Alto
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1136043