NIT Sr. Principal Engineer – Contract – Atlanta, GA – $70.00-$80.00/ Hr.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Leading Company in Travel is seeking a NIT Sr. Principal Engineer in Atlanta, GA .
This position functions as an Engineer within Liaison Engineering. This Engineer provides technical leadership and for the development, design & production of the repair/modification process in support of our's Wifi removal/Installation efforts. Wifi Support Engineers are responsible for answering Wifi installation calls/emails from stations around the world, researching discrepancies and possible solutions, and creating repair paperwork.
• Develop structural analysis for aircraft repairs and damaged aircraft structure in the Wifi modification areas.
• Develop substantiation reports to support the demod of existing IDTV or other antenna designs and restore aircraft back to type certified design configuration.
• Evaluate and interpret AD, CFR, and our policy requirements to ensure compliance in all engineering documentation. Accomplish review and approval of repair documents to ensure adherence to CFRs and ADs
Skills & Requirements
• Candidates for this position should have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 5 - 10 years of relevant experience
• Previous airline, military, OEM or MRO experience with commercial aircraft is strongly preferred
• Must be willing to travel on a limited basis, as required
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Be adaptable, flexible and embrace change.
• Ability to perform and excel in a stressful environment with short deadlines.
• Strong background in Structural Analysis, including Statics, Mechanics of Deformable Bodies, Materials Science and Fracture Mechanics
• Will require working odd hours/weekends based on operational/project requirements.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Access) and AutoCAD (or similar CAD software).
• Strong knowledge of CFRs parts 25, 43, 121
• Embrace diverse people, thinking and styles
• Consistently make safety and security, of self and others, the priority
• Carefully listen to others to understand their perspectives and concerns
• Able to digest information quickly and accurately to provide solutions
• Convey perspectives from external stakeholders to increase team’s capabilities Go Beyond
• Develop guidelines and requirements to offset or eliminate immediate and long term affects due to negative impacts to company and its internal and external stakeholders
• Provide feasible solutions that are innovative, but practical, to solve difficult technical problems
• Use data, mathematical tools, past experiences, and good judgment to reduce ambiguity
• Able to manage and accept changes in work scope, priorities, and goals
• Able to maintain a detailed orientated approach to work tasks despite changes to business priorities Connect
• Demonstrate to team and leaders that assigned tasks are completed based on the set timelines and established goals
• Communicate, clearly, goals and benefits of proposed solutions
• Demonstrate an understanding between team and organization objectives
• Identify initiatives and/or objectives to internal customers to increase intradepartmental productivity Chart the Course
• Ability to independently remove small roadblocks and assist team or leadership with larger obstacles
• Identify objectives and communicate when additional resources are required to complete objectives with senior level team members
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142604