The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Platform Engineer (JR) in Omaha, NE.
Looking for a Platform Engineer to come build something great with us. As part of the team, you will work on the platforms that power our enterprise systems that are used across the Railroad. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a real passion for building and scaling infrastructure using technologies such as Java, C/C++, Kafka, HAProxy, Microservices, Angular, and Azure. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small team.
• Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used throughout the Railroad
• Identify and fix performance bottlenecks
• Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we're shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
• Research and implement technology solutions for reliable, scalable, high-performing services
Skills & Requirements
• A Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience in this field
• Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Able to effectively work independently and in group settings
• Solid understanding of C/C++
• Solid understanding of Java
• Able to gather and document application requirements
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Able to support 24x7 operations of mission critical systems
• Experience administering a messaging system
• Knowledge of messaging design patterns (P-2-P, Pub Sub, Topics Vs Queues, Routing, etc.) and when to use them
• Experience developing applications in C/C++ and/or Java in a messaging environment.
• Knowledge scripting with sh/ksh
• Knowledge of Linux
• 1 or more years of solid, hands-on development experience
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1143146
Technology & Internet Services
80,000 - 90,000
Similar jobs to Platform Engineer (JR)
Cobol Programmer – CTP – Omaha, NE - $50.00-$55.00/hr
Software Development Engineer
Software Development Engineer (Java, J2EE) – Contract – Omaha, NE or Alpharetta, GA - $60.00-$65.00/hr