The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Remote Principal Consultant, IAAS Cloud Security Engineer
Senior level individual contributor responsible for performing on IAAS security projects during different phases – assessment, design, implementation, and post-implementation review. This role requires thought leadership experience in the Cloud and infrastructure domains in addition to technical leadership experience. This role will also help expand security capabilities through enforcement of existing compliance, vulnerability management, security monitoring, privilege access management, asset inventory, and more.
• Leads and directs the work activities and has full management responsibility for the performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategy
This is a key role with high visibility and responsible for advising leadership on ways to truly modernize company existing cloud infrastructure.
• Own security in cloud for GCP Compute environment. Ensure that all VMs are in compliance with company security policies, standards and technical specifications.
• Create a roadmap to achieve immutable infrastructure for all of company’s cloud footprint. Own the delivery of this roadmap.
• Drive strategic consensus across multiple business units and technology teams to ensure smooth and secure migration of key company business applications to Cloud
• Be a trusted GCP and IAAS lead for InfoSec initiatives by providing proven solutions to scale better company’s current deployment strategy.
• Ensure appropriate security practices are communicated and implement their application security programs. Support adherence and awareness of these practices.
• Direct application teams with onboarding the cloud security requirements; working with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to such integrations.
• Leverage automated process to mitigate enforce security controls
• Support the remediation of security vulnerabilities in the environment by working to triage them with application/project owners
• Contribute to security requirements across company cloud applications, provide guidance for infrastructure and OS level security.
• Advocate for cybersecurity software engineering best practices such as unit testing, code reviews, quality engineering, supply-chain protection etc.
• Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices; conduct research, tests, and execute new techniques that can be reused and applied to SDLC.
Skills & Requirements
• Strong oral and written communication skills in the English language to work effectively with all levels of end users and IT personnel.
• Expert knowledge of Cloud Security (GCP preferred). Experience with Prisma Cloud or Cloud Security Command Center is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of OS and application configuration management at scale, including securing VM image pipelines and patch management.
• Expert knowledge of both Windows server operating system as well as expertise with one or more various Linux operating systems
• Expert knowledge of industry best practices for cloud infrastructure management at scale, including Infrastructure as Code, Immutable infrastructure, Golden Image management etc.
• Proven track record of modernizing infrastructure and application provisioning processes at scale.
• In-depth experience in providing Analysis of Alternatives for tools and capabilities from various on premise, Cloud-based, and hybrid resources
• Mastery of automation tools (i.g. Concourse, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible.)
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree with Master's preferred in a related discipline, or equivalent
• Typically, a minimum of ten years of related work experience.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1143234
Technology & Internet Services
165,000 - 185,000
Similar jobs to Principal Consultant, IAAS Cloud Security Engineer