Process Engineer – Contract – Princeton, NJ - $53.00-$63.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Process Engineer in Princeton, NJ.
Looking for an Engineer to join the Manufacturing Science and Technology Gene Delivery and Editing department. The position will be responsible for the routine MSAT support to our US CMO partners. This engineer will have responsibilities like an internal MSAT organization for our viral vector manufacturing and fill/finish sites with the focus on supplementing the technical capabilities of the CMO and driving continuous improvement. This person may be responsible for and support processes including PPQ, commercial launch, and commercial manufacturing support. The Process Engineer will support product lifecycle management, including commercialization and evolution of cell therapy products as well as day to day operations technical support at CMOs to ensure reliable quality supply. The role will be highly cross-functional and will interact with other groups and in-country affiliates in establishing manufacturing and technology capability, facility fit and design, equipment selection, and facility start up work.
• Provide remote technical troubleshooting support for manufacturing activities at external manufacturing locations and when needed, provide on-site technical process support of ongoing manufacturing processes.
• Create and revise technical documentation (e.g. changes controls, SOPs, and batch records)
• Perform deviation investigations and corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) as a technical resource. Author technically challenging deviations and drive them towards closure.
• Provide data collection, interpretation, and analysis on manufacturing and manufacturing support processes. Determine areas of opportunity, shifts and trends, and states of control
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including the CMO joint process team, Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and External Manufacturing.
• Performing process fit-to-plant, equipment characterization and scale-up, process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)-based risk assessment, creation of Process Flow Diagrams and Bill of Materials, review and approval of production Master Batch Records.
• Perform detailed review of Process Development processes and generate technology transfer documents, including process monitoring (manufacturing data analysis, summary, and presentation) and authoring campaign summary reports.
• Develop simulated process models to estimate throughput capacity, resources and inventory levels.
Skills & Requirements
• MSc or BSc in Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience in process development or commercial manufacturing.
• OpEx and Lean Six Sigma project experience is strongly preferred
• Extensive experience in a regulated GMP manufacturing environment (clinical and/or commercial)
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects.
• Experience in development and/or characterization of biologics and/or cell therapy manufacturing processes.
• Experience with cGMP, ICH guidelines, PPQ (process validation), and working with a Quality organization.
• Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment.
• Experience or knowledge of creating computer-based process models using process simulation software.
• Experience or knowledge of statistical analysis using statistical software package.
• Able to creatively manage time and elevate relevant issues to project lead and line management.
• Strong scientific and technical writing.
• Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Knowledge of CAR-T and/or lentiviral vector manufacturing a plus.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142540