Your new company:
A DC based general contractor experiencing significant growth are looking to hire a Project Engineer to join their project management team. This is an excellent opportunity to kickstart your career by joining a company with a superb track record of developing talent from within, as well as the chance to work on high-profile construction projects. 40+ years of experience, this general contractor is seeking professionals who have recently graduated from college or have 1-2 years of construction work experience.
Your new role:
As a Project Engineer you will provide project management support to the Project Management team. The projects that you will be working on could range from new build commercial, multifamily, education or interior renovation projects in the DC metro area. The size of projects range from $2M - $50M. Your task is to support the team to ensure that targets set for the project are completed to the required standard of quality and within the set time and budget. You will be involved in a variety of tasks including project scheduling, bidding, take-offs, procurement and cost controls; as well as the management of RFI’s, submittals and change orders.
This role could vary from in the field to being in the office, depending on the size and duration of the projects. All of their work is in the DC metro area so project engineers need to be comfortable in having a daily commute in and around the district.
What you'll need to succeed:
To be successful in this Project Engineer role you will either be a recent graduate with a construction related degree, or you will have 1-2 years’ experience working in the construction industry as a Field or Project Engineer. This is a fast-paced position so you will need to be able to multi-task and be an excellent communicator and able to work with different personalities and levels of seniority within an organization. A construction degree is preferred, with a degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Business Administration/Management or Architecture being most sought after.
What you'll get in return:
In return you will receive a comprehensive salary and benefits package, the highlights being
- A highly competitive base salary up to $85k depending on your skill set experience.
- Quarterly salary and project performance reviews.
- Enrollment into the company Bonus Payout Plan.
- Workplace flexibility, no set policy but determined on individual needs.
- Medical Plans with full coverage, some plans with $0 deductibles.
- Vehicle / Travel expense allowance determined on a case by case basis.
- 401K company match up to 4%
- Professional Development Assistance up to $5,000 per year.
- Wellness incentives and discounts to fitness centers.
- Genuine and achievable promotions! This company love to train and develop their employees’ skills so join and let’s get you to an assistant project manager and beyond!
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this Construction Project Engineer position, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Scott Kinson now on 2024700641. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1142744