The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Project Manager in Summit, NJ.
Seeking an experienced and motivated candidate to join the Business Operations, Project Management Office (PMO) team to manage and optimize the Site projects to facilitate the manufacturing of CAR T products at the Manufacturing Facility in Summit, NJ. This position plays a critical role in facilitating and guiding business planning, process governance, and management / decision-making to support CAR T manufacturing projects in partnership with the PMO Group and other Site-level functional groups. This role requires strong pharma operations acumen as well as experience facilitating effective organization-wide processes and communication. This position requires a willingness to play a very active, behind-the-scenes role to support business operations, portfolio decision-making, and project management.
• Project management, change management and risk management.
o Experience managing capital projects, tech transfers, and/or regulatory projects a plus.
• Effectively communicate project plans, timelines, risks, mitigation plans, etc. at a Site leadership level to facilitate fast-paced decision-making.
• Work with project teams to understand timing, resource requirements, and scope.
• Work with project sponsor to develop business case for additional resources as needed.
• Create project timelines and Gantt charts to ensure visibility of project tracking.
• Drive for data and risk-based decisions through-out project lifecycles.
• Track team activities and timelines to ensure that the deliverables and milestones within the project plan are met.
• Develop, publish, and maintain, agendas, minutes, and action logs. Participates and supports team meetings, projects, and strategic initiatives as necessary.
• Work with project teams to identify roadblocks, identify solutions, and escalate for resolution / recommendation.
• Prepare, distribute and present project status reports to project team members and management.
• Assist in developing and promoting an organic project management capability at the Manufacturing site over time, including embedding standard project management tools.
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and special projects as assigned.
• Assist with monthly Site reporting of goals and KPIs, reviews, and meeting preparations in partnership with PMO team as needed.
• Assist with management of S12 PMO Sharepoint hub, and support the S12 PMO & CAR T community with Site / Project Status communication as needed.
Skills & Requirements
• Required: 5-7 years of experience in portfolio development, project portfolio management, and/or portfolio operations in pharma operations setting. Desired: PMP certification.
• Experience in PM, engineering, finance, MS&T, OE, Lean Six Sigma, supply chain, pharma manufacturing operations, and business analytics a plus.
• Masters and/or Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Operations, or Technical discipline.
• Experience collaborating on teams to achieve project objectives.
• IT proficiency, including project & portfolio management tools, analytics, business intelligence tools, visual reporting applications, enterprise systems (e.g. SharePoint, MS Project, PowerBi, Tableau, SAP, etc…).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications a must; experience with Smartsheet a plus.
• Adept communication skills including ability to summarize complex issues concisely and listen effectively to stakeholders to understand needs and challenges
• Proven ability to innovate and drive processes and change in a cross-functional matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders and constituents
• Highly collaborative with outstanding relationship management skills, high emotional intelligence
• Strong initiative with the ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140074