Remote Research Associate II, Pathobiology – Contract
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Remote Research Associate II, Pathobiology
The In Vivo Pathology (IVP) team within the Pathobiology department is seeking a research associate to support the management of downstream pathology workflows in support of pre-clinical in vivo pharmacological studies. This position will support drug development in diverse therapeutic areas such as fibrosis, inflammation, oncology, and virology. A successful candidate will enjoy process optimization and management. This individual will also be responsible for utilizing and maintaining the inventory tracking and study management tools employed in the Pathobiology lab for all study related tasks. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a team; carefully follow scientific protocols and apply meticulous attention to detail. This individual will be highly organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Support the management of pathology workflows in support of pre-clinical studies
• Manage sample tracking and communicate updates and instructions to downstream stakeholders
• Track the development and implementation of histology assays
• Work closely with Pathologists to communicate project status, QC data, and generate pathology reports
• Compile quantitative image analysis data and prepare standardized pathology reports
• Maintain standardization of histology sample collection, processing, storage, and analysis
• Contribute to the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Best Practices, and other control documents
• Coordinate with external partners, to include CROs and academic collaborators to ensure all related work and data generation is in alignment with internal methods and standards
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in an area of biological or medical science
• Advanced planning, organization, and process management skills
• Complete working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience with statistical analysis software (i.e PRISM GraphPad, Spotfire)
• Experience using database and tracking tools (i.e SmartSheet, SharePoint, MS Projects, Wrike)
• Highly motivated with a “can do” attitude and commitment to work as part of a team
• The following are highly preferred, but not required:
• Histology lab experience, including, immunohistochemistry (IHC) and whole slide scanning
• Digital pathology experience, including image analysis and database software (i.e. VisioPharm, HALO, ImageJ, Proscia)
• Required Degree or Certification Bachelor’s Degree or higher in biological, medical, or veterinary/animal science
• Top 3 Required Skill Sets: Process Management, Sample Tracking, Organization
• Top 3 Nice to Have Skill Sets: Histology (including IHC and whole slide scanning), Image Analysis, and Statistical Analysis
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140776