Research Associate – Contract or CTP – Santa Monica, CA - $25.00-$32.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Biotechnology Company is seeking a Research Associate in Santa Monica, CA.
The candidate will be assisting in deep analytical characterization of cell therapy product. You will also be assisting in planning and executing laboratory studies, analyze experimental data and carefully document resultant information. You will participate in laboratory activities to support analytical and process development as well as the characterization of Kite’s T cell products.
• Support process analytical testing and execute cell based assays to advance process and product understanding of cell therapy products Assist in data verification to ensure data integrity
• Perform data analysis, data reporting, and further statistical analysis with advanced analysis software
• Maintain, calibrate and operate analytical equipment
• Assist in developing standard operating procedures and analytical test methods
• Write, review and edit accurate technical documents
• Provide user training on instruments, sample analysis, and cross-train analysts on analytical methods
• Coordinates activities for members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation
• Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology or related field required (or relevant experience) with 2+ years of experience in similar role in a laboratory, preferably at least 1 year of lab experience within the industry
• At least 1 year of experience with aseptic technique, cell culture, PCR, and ELISA
• Experience with other techniques in molecular biology is a plus
• Experience with other immunoassay technologies such as MSD or Luminex is a plus
• • Previous experience with cell therapy products is a plus
Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail and successfully execute experiments at the bench.
• Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and record keeping skills
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
• While most of the schedule will be during a standard work-week, occasional weekend work will be required
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Excellent skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, and data analysis
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140088
Healthcare & Medical
Similar jobs to Research Associate
Sr. Research Associate/ Biology
Sr. Research Associate/ Biology – Contract – Santa Monica, CA – $35.00-$40.00/ Hr.
Santa Monica$35.00-$40.00/ Hr.
Partnerships & Portfolio Process Administrator
Partnerships & Portfolio Process Administrator – Contract – Santa Monica, CA / Hybrid – $40.00-$48.00/ Hr.