Research Associate-Scientific – Contract – Washington, WA – $20.00-$30.00/ Hr.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Research Associate-Scientific in Washington, WA.
The Protein Sciences group is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to support programs within the immuno-oncology and cellular therapy thematic research center in Seattle. This position will be lab based and is ideal for the innovative scientist who is driven to learn and hone their protein biochemistry laboratory skills and passionate about immuno-oncology and cell therapy in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Purification of recombinant and hybridoma derived proteins from mammalian, insect, and bacterial cultures
• Conjugation of purified products to small molecules, dyes, beads, or other proteins
• Characterization of in-process and final products via HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, SPR, DLS, and other analytical techniques
• Communication and documentation of work within the group
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 1 year industry experience
• Ability to recognize problems and recommend/develop appropriate solutions
• Ability to work on multiple projects in a matrix environment
• Ability to work productively as both team member
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• AKTA and Agilent chromatography platforms
• Surface Plasmon Resonance
• Biolayer Interferometry
• Kinetic Exclusion Assays
• Multi-Angled Light Scattering
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141518