Research Scientist – Contract – Princeton, NJ - $51.00-$61.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Pharmaceutical Company is seeking a Research Scientist in Princeton, NJ.
• Purify proteins using column chromatography (affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion, etc.) using AKTA systems from the cell cultures (293/CHO).
• Characterize and analyze proteins using standard protein characterization methods (SDS-PAGE/CE-SDS, AnSEC, endotoxin, LC/MS, etc).
• Compound management of purified protein samples (aliquot, labeling, and deposit).
• Perform experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
• Accomplish goals under project team timelines..
Skills & Requirements
• BS degree with 4+ years of industry experience or MS degree with 1+ years of industry experience. The degree should be in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular and Cell Biology, or a similar field.
• Independent ability and experience in the generation and characterization of high-quality proteins for immunizations, crystallography, or equivalent purposes are required.
• Strong expertise in antibody purification and characterization for in vitro or in vivo uses is also required.
• Experience and knowledge of molecular biology and expression are preferred.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1140625