Sealights Application Engineer – Contract – Riverwoods, IL - $59.00-$62.00/hr
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a Sealights Application Engineer in Riverwoods, IL.
Implement the SeaLights solutions for complex applications problems. Responsible for technical development of the integration of SeaLights delivery platform of new capabilities to improve test coverage and enhancements to delivery in support of applications. Work with other internal information technology teams to complete project activities, such as Infrastructure, Architecture and Database teams and serve as the technical project lead for the SeaLights initiative for Consumer Banking and Card applications. Act as the technical resource and participate in the evaluation process.
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world’s leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant’s unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you’ll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you’ll enjoy many of the perks you’d expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• Strong knowledge in Java
• Background in .NET, JS, or Python
• CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/Gitlab
• Performs root cause analysis and problem solving involving various infrastructure, such as databases, middleware platforms, and vendor applications across test environments.
• Analyzes existing procedures. Develops recommendations for improvements and strives to automate manual processes for existing tools and operations
• Provides integration of SeaLights within the test environment (development team and other partner groups) for Consumer Banking and Card application systems
• Participates in planning and implementation of project code deployments and Infrastructure updates to Test environments with minimal intervention to testing.
• Collaborates with Test Planners, Test Leads and QAs to understand SeaLights solution and test requirements. Evaluate test entrance readiness, applications changes, code overlaps across all projects testing in the same release/environment and the test coverage metrics from the SeaLights solution.
• Perform root-cause analysis of defects to identify and implement solutions and process improvements
• Automate the deployment, scaling, and management of Test Environments using the CICD infrastructure.
• Requires the ability to lead work groups formed by several disparate teams
• Work closely with multiple teams in an agile environment and provide mentorship to other team members when needed
• Display an entrepreneurial mind set and seek practical ‘out of box’ solutions
• Collaborate with Value Stream Architects, Quality Architects, Application Developers and Test Data Management Architects to design the SeaLights to measure progress on quality engineering roadmap and delivery outcomes
• Support a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
As Cognizant’s chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1142672