Your new company
A Financial Technology Platform Company
Your new role
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for assisting with coordinating and administering operational finance functions, working with business units to seek pro-active solutions and enhance efficiencies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and analyzing account information.
- Responsible for the daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation of assigned bank accounts.
- Prepare and/or review monthly partner and merchant invoices.
- Prepare monthly portfolio rollforward analysis for assigned portfolios.
- Acts as point of contact for all billing process and software inquiries from users and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with IT and Operation teams to build and maintain automated payment posting procedures.
- Document and update all departmental procedures.
- Research, identify and resolve internal or external system issues or needed enhancements.
- Provides support for external and internal audit engagements.
- Support Treasury and Financial Planning teams to assist in forecasting.
- Assists as needed on special projects, including system conversions, updates, acquisitions, capital market transactions. Supports the SVP of Finance in various related activities and projects as required and requested and works in collaboration with other team members to solve issues and meet deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or other related field of study required.
3-5 years of experience in the accounting sector preferred with Financial Services sector experience ideal.
General experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
Competence in MS Office (Word, Outlook)
Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1142543