The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Remote Senior Java Developer
Client is open to have candidates sit remotely from either NY or FL. Client is preference is to have candidates close to one of their home offices. Office is NY is located in White Plains, NY, Office is FL is located in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
• The Senior Java Developer will be a part of the transformational journey to deliver a best system to support business lines, across all channels. The role of the Senior Developer is to collaboratively drive the development and support of our critical business systems including internal and external systems. This role requires deep technical knowledge of high volume and highly transactional systems.
• Collaborate with Product Owners, QA, PMO, DevOps and other developers to define requirements, design, and develop the web application.
• Analyze, design, and develop application solutions and enhancements that meet requirements
• Ensure adherence to programming and enterprise architectural standards
• Complete work assignments and perform appropriate follow up to ensure that tasks are completed on time
• Collaborate with product owners, application users, creative team and other developers to define requirements, design, and develop the web application
• Assist in the rollout of new applications, problem fixes, and enhancements of software
• Support configuration management and deployments of code and configuration items across environments to production
• Create consistent and accurate technical and end-user documentation of implemented applications
• Support the QA team on automation and other scripting requirements
Skills & Requirements
• 5+ years of Java / J2EE (Java 8+) technical backend development in an enterprise environment
• Must possess very strong experience building services utilizing Core Java with frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC and Apache Camel
• Must possess strong experience with containerization tools (e.g. Docker)
• Must possess experience with source controls such as GIT and/or Apache SubVersion
• Must possess strong understanding of AWS services (e.g. SQS, Lambdas, ES3 and RDS databases)
• Must possess experience producing and consuming SOAP/REST Web Services
• Strong communication and presentation skills and capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1141995
Technology & Internet Services
Remote in White Plains, NY. or Fort Lauderdale, FL.